Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bleck.

So...its been a while.  I'll be honest friends, life is catching up with me. My carefree, throw caution to the wind, hangin' every night of the week boozin habits are starting to wear me down. That or I have food allergies.

  I went to the doctor for the first time in over a year a half, and it was my first physical in probably over 3. I'm of the attitude and opinion that if you take care of yourself, then you probably don't need the doctor, however, that attitude is really only to mask my bigger issue with the medical community: I'm scared of it.

I'm the opposite of a hypochondriac. I'd rather think that absolutely nothing is wrong with me in the face of strange symptoms than to imagine that I have every ailment in the book. I can tell you right now I will never have cancer. Why? Cause I won't. So there.  And I've gone on ignoring certain underlying, health related problems for a while now, believing they would go away, truly hoping and willing that I would just get better soon enough, that it would just be a distant memory of 'oh...remember when I wasn't feeling that great...so glad I got over that one...'

  But this week I did the big girl thing and finally went into see a doctor, I won't bore you or expose my very personal problems by telling you what my current issues are, just suffice it to say that I am under the impression that I have been the unlucky victim most recently seized by the gluten allergy phenomenon.  I could be completely wrong, but I know this much. Something that I am eating is making me feel like absolute shit. And I will get down to the bottom of it. I was tested yesterday for 96 different food allergies, results will be revealed in two weeks from yesterday.

  What's with everyone currently being allergic to gluten anyway? I work with two ladies that have gluten allergies. It was hardly even a part of my vocabulary until I started working at this place a mere 4 months ago.  And now all of the sudden its gluten free this, gluten free that...is this shit contagious or something? Probably not.

 Being presented with even the mere potential of having a food allergy is a sad event.  The idea of having to say goodbye to certain foods is daunting, but I'm ready to do it if it will make me feel better. It was only 4 years ago that I ate my final turkey sandwich w/ mayo and said 'fuck this shit'. The only problem is that I'm probably allergic to things that are for more annoying and tricky to cut out.  And being allergic to something is far different from having a thoughtful reason to eliminate things from your diet.  Having an allergy is not a choice.

  I hope I'm getting ahead of myself...I have no definitive answers yet...just based in fact assumptions that  I will probably be gravely disappointed in finding out. What ever, fucking food.

: / 

No comments:

Post a Comment